Drinking is normalized in much of our lives. We drink to celebrate. We drink together socially. For some, drinking is a hobby. Unfortunately, it’s this normalization that’s often the catalyst for alcohol abuse and addiction. Many people in Yakima, WA don’t realize they have a drinking problem because it’s so easy to accept as normal. And, it’s even harder to seek alcohol addiction counseling if you think you might have a problem.
At Apple Valley Counseling Services, LLC, we understand how easy it is to succumb to alcohol as a vice, and how difficult it is to break free of it—even after you realize you have a problem. We’re committed to helping people discover a life beyond liquor, for the good of their health, wellness and future.
Realizing Substance Abuse
For some people, alcohol abuse is the result of genetics—something they may not have realized until it’s too late. For others, it’s the result of lifestyle choices that become habits, which form an addiction. Whatever the case, alcoholism is a disease and the first step to addressing it is realizing you need help. Ask yourself any of the following questions:
- Do you have cravings for alcohol, the act of drinking or for being drunk?
- Do you often think about drinking or plan your next drinking opportunity?
- Do you ever feel the need to cut back on your drinking or that you drink too much?
- Do you hide how much you drink from friends or loved ones?
- Do you feel shame and guilt associated with your drinking patterns?
- Do you drink alone frequently?
- Do you drink based on your emotions or stress levels?
- Does drinking affect your life, such as causing you to miss work or functions?
- Do you compromise on your morals or values while drinking?
- Do you experience symptoms of withdrawal when you try to stop drinking?
All of these are signs of alcohol abuse, indicating everything from substance abuse to dependence. They’re signs that you need to discuss with an alcohol addiction counselor, so you can learn more about how to recognize your triggers, avoid imbibing and overcome the disease that has control over your life.
Alcohol Addiction Counseling
If you need alcohol addiction counseling in Yakima, WA, Apple Valley Counseling Services, LLC is here for you. We provide complete support to individuals seeking to break free from alcohol dependence. Not only do we educate you about alcoholism as a disease, we help you develop coping mechanisms and personal exercises to give you the control you need when confronted with alcohol or the triggers that make you turn to it. Let us help you understand, overcome and succeed in your quest for sobriety.
Discover Life After Liquor
Not sure if you’re addicted to alcohol? Need help learning coping mechanisms or techniques for avoiding compromising situations? The counselors at Apple Valley Counseling Services, LLC are here to help. We understand the nature of your struggle and will work with you to help you understand alcoholism as a disease, and to promote disassociation as an approach to recovery.
You are stronger than your impulse, and we’ll help you find the courage, strength and confidence to overcome it. Contact us today at 509-452-1000 to learn more about our alcohol addiction counseling programs.